Motor Condition Monitor for Fixed Speed Motors
MCM continuously identifies existing and developing faults on electric motors and their driven equipment. MCM utilizes an intelligent, model-based approach to provide anomaly detection by measuring the current and voltage signals from the electrical supply to the motor.
It is permanently mounted, generally in the motor control center and is applicable to 3-phase AC, induction or synchronous, fixed speed motors. Accompanying MCMScada Software or Artesis Enterprise Server
(OPC Server) is used to view the data.
MCM provides both mechanical (unbalance, misalignment, roller bearings, etc.)
and electrical (loose windings, short circuits, etc.) anomaly detection as well as electrical parameters such as voltage and current imbalances and power factor. In addition, it can detect changes in the load the motor is experiencing due to anomalies in the driven equipment or process such as cavitations or plugged filters and screens. Since it doesn’t require any sensor installation on the motor itself or associated load, MCM is especially attractive for inaccessible driven equipment and is applicable to most types of pumps, compressors, and similar loads.
- Motor Type3-phase, AC (not suitable for DC motors), fixed speed (line driven) motors.
Motor current (load) variation must be less than 15% during 6 sec data acquisition period.
Not for use with soft-starter systems unless they are automatically bypassed immediately after motor start-up and during subsequent use
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 40⁰ C (32 – 104⁰ F)
- Humidity: Up to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: 100-240 Vac, 47 – 64 Hz, 19 VA, 200 mA or 120-300 Vdc, 19 VA, 200 mA
(use UL listed fuse with proper voltage rating)
MEASUREMENT CURRENT INPUTS
- Three 250 Vac, Cat II Current Transformers*: 0.5% accuracy, with either 5A or 1A secondary outputs depending on MCM model
- Communications RS422/RS485 (RS232 and Ethernet with additional appropriate converter)
- Relay One assignable relay output, user programmable; NC/NO contacts (2A, 30VDC)
- Weight 1170 g (2.58 lb)
- Dimensions WxHxL 96 mm x 96 mm x 140 mm (3.78 in x 3.78 in x 5.51 in)
- Protection Class Front Panel: IP 40, Whole Unit: IP 20
- Mounting Front Panel Mounting (indoor)
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- EMC EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, EN 61326-1, IEC 61326-1
Measurement Control and Laboratory Use for Industrial Environments
- Safety Electrical Safety Directive 2006/95/EC, EN 61010-1, UL 61010-1, IEC 61010-1
Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment
- NATO Stock Code 6625270131535
*) Voltage and current transformers must meet local standards and regulations. For North America, current and voltage transformers
must be certified by an OSHA appointed NRTL to appropriate product safety standards such as UL or CSA.